The City of Asheville Parking Services works toward continuous improvement to provide convenient, safe, clean, and accessible public parking for downtown Asheville as well as other selected areas.
In advancing these goals, some of the recent parking services improvements include:
- In 2017, Asheville Parking Services was accredited by the International Parking Institute,
the largest parking organization in the world with members in over 45 countries.
- In 2017, Parking Services contracted with an agency to provide a video call assistant program in city parking garages to help with exit issues after hours when a garage may not be staffed by an attendant.
- In 2018, electric vehicle charging stations were installed in city parking garages.
- In 2018, the elevator in the Civic Center Garage was replaced.
And as part of continuous improvement in the future, the city is asking customers about their experience in the city’s parking garages. Participants will be asked to rate their experience in these facilities:
- Biltmore Avenue Garage: Located under the Aloft Hotel, this facility has 404 spaces total, but due to the joint venture with the hotel, these spaces may go as low as 289 available depending on the hotel’s occupancy.
- Civic Center Garage: 550 spaces
- Rankin Avenue Garage: 262 spaces
- Wall Street Garage: 232 spaces
Feedback from this survey will help inform future improvements. Find a link to the survey on Open City Hall Asheville. The survey deadline is Saturday, Aug. 31.