The board of directors of the North Carolina Center for Nonprofits has elected five new members to provide strategic direction and growth around the Center’s mission to educate, connect, and advocate for North Carolina nonprofits.
New board members include:
- Jana Barrett, National Director for Education Initiatives at Lincoln Financial Group in Greensboro;
- Doug Heron, Associate Vice President, Duke State Relations at Duke University Health System in Durham;
- Lenora Jarvis-Mackey, President & CEO of River City Community Development Corporation in Elizabeth City;
- Diego Ramon, Vice President, North Carolina Regional Office at Mutual of America in Charlotte;
- Juanita Wilson, Training & Development, Department of Human Resources at Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians in Cherokee.
“Our new board members bring extensive and diverse nonprofit leadership experience from every corner of the state to the Center,” said Deviré Robinson, vice president of philanthropic advancement at Foundation For The Carolinas and Center board chair. “We are very excited about their energy and the possibilities the Center has to continue to help nonprofits strengthen their management capacities.”
The board also selected its new slate of officers for 2021-22, including:
- Chair: Deviré Robinson, Vice President, Philanthropic Advancement at Foundation For The Carolinas in Charlotte
- Vice Chair: Dawn Chávez, Executive Director of Asheville Greenworks in Asheville
- Treasurer: Angela Poole, Interim Chief Financial Officer of The Institute in Durham
- Secretary: Jeanne Tedrow, President & CEO of North Carolina Center for Nonprofits in Raleigh
“I am pleased to welcome our new officers and directors to the Center’s board. This very talented team and our entire board express the Center’s deep commitment to serve North Carolina’s diverse nonprofit sector,” said Jeanne Tedrow, president & CEO of the North Carolina Center for Nonprofits.
For additional information please visit www.ncnonprofits.org/board-directors.