July 8: Jungle Cruise (rated PG-13 for adventure violence)
– Take a rollicking thrill-ride down the Amazon with wisecracking skipper Frank Wolff and intrepid researcher Dr. Lily Houghton. Lily travels from London, England to the Amazon jungle and enlists Frank’s questionable services to guide her downriver on La Quila–his ramshackle-but-charming boat. Lily is determined to uncover an ancient tree with unparalleled healing abilities–possessing the power to change the future of medicine. Thrust on this epic quest together, the unlikely duo encounters innumerable dangers and supernatural forces, all lurking in the deceptive beauty of the lush rainforest. But as the secrets of the lost tree unfold, the stakes reach even higher for Lily and Frank and their fate – and mankind’s – hangs in the balance
If You Go
- All movies begin at dusk in Pack Square Park on 80 Court Plaza in downtown Asheville.
- Rec n Roll Fun Zone programming starts at 7 p.m.
- Pets, smoking, and alcohol are prohibited.
- Free parking is available in marked spaces on city streets and in city-owned lots on Marjorie Street after 6 p.m.