Asheville Hunting Guide
Hunting season in the Carolinas is a much anticipated event. Keep an eye on Asheville.com for the complete list of hunting seasons. The following list includes a few quick reminders for the 2021 hunting season.
- April 4, 2020 – Feb. 28, 2021: Hatchery Supported Trout Waters are open.
- April 10 – May 8, 2020: Wild Turkey season. Daily limit 1 and season limit 2. It is unlawful to use dogs, pistols, rifles, or muzzle-loading rifles to hunt wild turkey.
- Oct. 11 – Nov. 22, 2020; Dec. 13, 2020 – Jan. 1, 2021 : Bow and Arrow Deer Season. Deer of either-sex may be taken during bow and arrow deer season in all areas (includes Game Lands). Antlered deer only.
- Sept. 28 – Oct. 10, 2020: Muzzle-loading Season. Deer of either-sex may be taken during the last day of the muzzleloading firearm deer season in and west of Polk, Henderson, Buncombe, Yancey, Mitchell, Avery and Watauga counties (Includes Game Lands). Deer of either-sex may be taken anytime during the muzzleloading firearm deer season in and east of Rutherford, McDowell, Burke, Caldwell, Wilkes, and Ashe counties (includes Game Lands).
- Nov. 23 – Dec. 12, 2020: Gun Deer Season. Deer of either-sex may be taken during the gun season during those dates. In the Western Deer Season the daily limit is two and the season is six, four of which must be antlerless.
* Regulations and seasons are subject to change. Before hunting or fishing, you are strongly encouraged to visit the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission website to quickly identify significant regulatory, legislative and agency-related changes that you should be aware of each season.
North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission
The best resource for hunting, fishing, and boating information, educational programs, WILD products, and other wildlife services for the citizens and visitors of North Carolina.
eRegulations North Carolina
Provides a regulations digest for all wildlife hunting and fishing in North Carolina.