Asheville Hunting Guide
Hunting season in the Carolinas is a much anticipated event. Keep an eye on asheville.com for the complete list of hunting seasons. The following is a few quick reminders for the 2018 hunting season.
- April 7, 2018, through Feb. 29, 2019: Hatchery Supported Trout Waters are open.
- April 14 through May 12: Wild Turkey season. Daily limit 1 and season limit 2. It is unlawful to use dogs, pistols, rifles, or muzzle-loading rifles to hunt wild turkey.
- October 16 through November 18: Wild Boar season. Daily limit 1 and season limit 2. It is unlawful to take a wild boar weighing less than 30 pounds or to use any bait.
- October 16 through November 18: Bow and Arrow Deer Season. Deer of either-sex may be taken during bow and arrow deer season in all areas (includes Game Lands).
- October 9 through October 14: Muzzle-loading Season. Deer of either-sex may be taken during the last day of the muzzleloading firearm deer season in and west of Polk, Henderson, Buncombe, Yancey, Mitchell, Avery and Watauga counties (Includes Game Lands). Deer of either-sex may be taken anytime during the muzzleloading firearm deer season in and east of Rutherford, McDowell, Burke, Caldwell, Wilkes, and Ashe counties (includes Game Lands).
- November 20 through December 9: Gun Deer Season. Deer of either-sex may be taken during the gun season during those dates. In the Western Deer Season the daily limit is two and the season is six, four of which must be antlerless.
North Carolina Resources Commission
The best resource for hunting, fishing, and boating information, educational programs, WILD products, and other wildlife services for the citizens and visitors of North Carolina.