Do you want to make some cash while helping community members exercise their right to vote? If so, Buncombe County Election Services is now hiring for the Tuesday, Nov. 6 general election.
Poll workers are vital to helping with the voting process. Poll workers are paid $175-260, depending on their position.
In order to be eligible you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- A registered voter of Buncombe County.
- Able to lift 35 pounds.
- Be comfortable using a laptop to look up voter information.
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time while greeting voters.
- Unaffiliated voters may be considered as well.
Workers are required to attend a three-hour training session, be available to work a couple of hours the evening of Nov. 5, and work all of Election Day – which typically runs from 6:00 am to 9:00 pm. Precincts are located throughout the County and officials will do their best to assign you to a precinct near where you live.