The Growing Minds Intern will assist with implementation of ASAP’s Farm to School program. Activities will include traveling with a team member to schools in the WNC region to deliver training to teachers and engage students around gardening, cooking, and other farm to school components. The Intern will also spend time in the office preparing and organizing materials and resources, as well as completing other various project needs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to talk to children and get them excited about trying new local foods
- Excellent organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license and transportation to local schools
- ASAP requires all staff and interns to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to follow office guidelines around masks, based on current recommendations
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Spanish speaking a plus
Note: A background check will be performed for all Growing Mind interns.
How to apply: Email your résumé and cover letter to intern coordinator Growing Minds Program Director Danielle Raucheisen at [email protected].